Oracle 12c Security Transparent Sensitive Data Protection Tutorial
What is Oracle 12c Transparent Sensitive Data Protection?
Transparent Sensitive Data Protection (a 12c new feature) leverages the Virtual Private Database facility (available since release 8i) and the the Data Redaction facility (introduced in release 12.1.) TSPD eases the process of implementing and managing either VPD or Redaction.
This tutorial will go through the old way of doing things with VPD: it was always a mission to set up, and because it operates at the row selection stage, sometimes hard to tune. Then we’ll look at Data Redaction: in some ways simpler than VPD, and because it operates at column projection stage, possibly better performing.
Everything discussed is Enterprise Edition, but no need to licence any additional options.
Presented by Oracle Certified Master John Watson, SkillBuilders’ Director of Oracle Database Services.
Limited Time Complimentary eBook, Securing Oracle Database 12c
Are you an Oracle DBA who wants to protect your databases? Register now for the complimentary eBook and learn about Oracle Database Security from the experts who brought you the #1 database in the world. http://www.mhprofessional.com/dbsec
This free training is segmented into several separate lessons:
- Oracle 12c Security Tutorial Introduction (1:58)
- Oracle 12c Security Tutorial-Agenda (4:38)
- Review Oracle Virtual Private Database (12:29)
- Oracle Virtual Private Database FAQ (4:48)
- Oracle12c Data Redaction (6:52)
- Oracle12c Data Redaction FAQ (1:11) (click on video below)
- Oracle 12c Transparent Sensitive Data Protection TSDP (9:51)
- Oracle 12c Security Tutorial Summary (1:41)
Date: Sep 18, 2013
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.