How and Why to Upgrade to Oracle Database 19c
Duration: 60 minutes
Upgrading to Oracle Database Release 19c is now essential. Why? Support is expiring soon for all previous releases of the database.
But, Oracle Database 19c extended support extends into year 2026!
So, the reasons to upgrade are not just technical, they are financial and compatibility driven too. If your databases are to run reliably and securely for the next few years it is time to upgrade. Now.
In this tutorial you will learn:
Why to Upgrade:
• What the different levels of Oracle support (e.g. premier, extended, sustaining) provide
• Current support levels for recent Oracle Database releases
• The available upgrade paths
How to Upgrade:
• Steps involved in doing an upgrade
• A bit about the “big” new features in 19c
• Obsolete and deprecated features
• Considerations for converting to Multitenant while upgrading
• Other miscellaneous but valuable pearls of wisdom about 19c
Intended Audience is database administrators (DBA’s), Tech Management and anyone involved in the database upgrade decision making or the actual upgrade.
John Watson, Oracle Certified Master DBA
Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders Founder and DBA
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes