Oracle Database Health Checks
Eliminate Unplanned Outages
Our Oracle Database Health Check is a Comprehensive Analysis of the Database configuration. We’ll insure that administrative best practices are being used and that the database is well-configured given the workload(s) and specific or unique customer requirements.
The fundamental goals of SkillBuilders’ health check are to insure that the database will continue to operate with minimal DBA and SA intervention (i.e. self-managing), reduce unplanned outages and to meet the customers’ specific and/or unique goals (e.g. extreme scalability).
The health-check might also reveal opportunities for cost-savings (e.g. consolidation, perhaps with Oracle Multitenant Database).
The following are the main areas of analysis. Of course, the Health Check can be tailored to meet your exact requirements.
- Database Installation and Configuration
- Space Management
- Security and Audit Analysis (Oracle Database Hardening)
- Recoverability (Oracle Database High Availability)
- Database Performance (Application Tuning services available)
- Recommended Alerts and Notifications
- APEX Technology Stack Review
- RAC Configuration Review (RAC One Node or Oracle RAC)
- Operating System (Linux, Solaris)
What’s included in the deliverable? You will receive documentation on each section listed above with recommendations for changes where applicable. We will review the recommendations with you. We will, upon your request, apply some or all the recommendations or assist your DBA(s) in applying them.
Also included is a custom image depicting the major pieces of the customers’ system architecture. Example:
Additional Services Available
- Implementation of Health-Check Recommendations
- Application Tuning
- Load / Stress testing
- Analysis of Suitability for Migration to Cloud (Oracle or AWS)
- Oracle Option Configuration Analysis
- High Availability / Active Data Guard
- Advanced Security
Call or email Gary Belke to get more information or schedule a technical discussion where you can detailed technical questions answered.
Main Office 1-401-741-9246
gary @ skillbuilders.com