Oracle Database Health Checks
Eliminate Unplanned Outages
Our Health Check is a Comprehensive Analysis of the Database configuration. We’ll insure that administrative best practices are being used and that the database is well-configured given the workload(s) and specific or unique customer requirements.
The fundamental goals of SkillBuilders’ health check are to insure that the database will continue to operate with minimal DBA and SA intervention (i.e. self-managing), reduce unplanned outages and to meet the customers’ specific and/or unique goals (e.g. extreme scalability).
The health-check might also reveal opportunities for cost-savings (e.g. consolidation, perhaps with Oracle Multitenant Database).
Here are the main areas of analysis (the customer receives documentation on each category including recommendations for enhancements if necessary):
- Database Installation and Configuration
- Space Management
- Security and Audit Analysis (Oracle Database Hardening)
- Recoverability (Oracle Database High Availability)
- Database Performance (Application Tuning services available)
- Recommended Alerts and Notifications
- APEX Technology Stack Review
- RAC Configuration Review (RAC One Node or Oracle RAC)
- Operating System (Linux, Solaris)
The customer will receive documentation on each section listed above with recommendations for changes where applicable. Also included is a custom image depicting the major pieces of the customers’ system architecture.
Additional Services Available
- Implementation of Health-Check Recommendations
- Application Tuning
- Load / Stress testing
- Analysis of Suitability for Migration to Cloud (Oracle or AWS)
- Oracle Option Configuration Analysis
- High Availability / Active Data Guard
- Advanced Security
Call or email Gary Belke to get more information or schedule a technical discussion where you can detailed technical questions answered.
gary @ skillbuilders.com