Oracle PL/SQL Training: By Certified, Expert Instructors
Online instructor-led hands-on training and mentoring from one of the world’s most experienced and knowledgeable Oracle Database Administrators. Skillbuilders has been training students all things oracle for 28+ years. Harness our experience in Oracle with our new PL/SQL training path where we have proven classes that can bring your Oracle PL/SQL knowledge to an Expert level.
When Oracle APEX and PL/SQL are Required
Knowledge in PL/SQL is a must for APEX developers and the more proficient you are in PL/SQL the better, more structured and maintainable your APEX applications will be.
Online or In-Person Instruction for Oracle PL/SQL by These Experts
PL/SQL Training Statistics
Where to Start with PL/SQL Training
We know it can be hard to make the right decision on what to spend time and money on when it comes to Oracle PL/SQL Training. At Skillbuilders we want to make it easy to get the information you need. We have created a training path to bring you up to expert levels in PL/SQL. To start you can call us right now at +1(401)783-6172 with any Oracle PL/SQL Training or Certification class questions.
Oracle PL/SQL Training Class Schedule
|Oracle SQL Tuning for Developers and DBAs||
|Introduction to Oracle Database and SQL||
|Advanced SQL Queries for Oracle Databases||
|An Introduction to JSON in Oracle Databases||
|Oracle PL/SQL Programming Workshop||
All classes are online unless otherwise noted with a physical classroom location.
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).
Our Oracle PL/SQL Training Path
Oracle PL/SQL FAQs
- PL/SQL is a 3rd generation language (3GL).
- It significantly extends the capabilities of SQL in an Oracle database.
- It provides all the capabilities you would expect including variable definition and assignment, conditional processing (IF and CASE statements), loop constructs, error handing, etc.
- SQL is primarily designed to store data in and retrieve data from your database. It is an ANSI standard language, although Oracle has significantly enhanced its SQL to provide additional functionality.
- Since PL/SQL is a 3GL, it provides much more sophisticated manipulation of the data than is possible with SQL.
- First, PL/SQL supports seamless integration with SQL. This allows PL/SQL to embed SQL statements to retrieve many rows of data, and then loop through the rows.
- PL/SQL extends SQL to support manipulation or rows individually to do whatever is needed: perform analyses, generate detailed reports, do statistical analyses, export data, generate emails, etc.
- PL/SQL is primarily designed to manipulate data. With is language capabilities and close integration with SQL, it does that extremely well.
- As such it is very good for most commercial applications. However, it was not designed to do extremely sophisticated calculations and numerical analysis.
- For example, PL/SQL is not the tool to calculate when to fire rocket engines to control a flight in space.
Since PL/SQL and SQL integration is seamless, and they both run on the Oracle server, PL/SQL is generally easier, more efficient, and has more sophisticated built-in capabilities than is available when performing the integration with other languages.
A single call to PL/SQL can run a program with any number of calls toSQL. If each of those calls were made from another language, there would be much more traffic across the network. If you needed 10,000 calls to SQL to accomplish your task, another language would have to place 10,000 calls on the network. If PL/SQL did the work, only one call would be placed on the network: “Run the PL/SQL program”.
- Since PL/SQL is a 3GL it is much simpler to learn that an Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Language such as C++, Java, and VisualBasic .NET.
- The basics of the language can be learned in a week or so, and a good working knowledge of the language can be learned in a couple of months. This is compared to 6 months to 2 years to get a good working knowledge of an OOP Language.
Reviews of Our PL/SQL Training
Companies we Have Partnered With
SkillBuilders developed a custom single sign-on solution allowing seamless navigation and integration between the customer’s Oracle E-Business applications and custom APEX applications.
BAE Systems | Manchester, New Hampshire
As the lead Oracle Application Express (APEX) resource, Dan leveraged his knowledge of APEX, Oracle, and related web based technologies to help design and build a custom user interface on BAE’s existing Oracle EBS back end. Dan was an integral part of a team effort that took the project from behind to ahead of schedule while total staff was decreased. The project was completed on time and above expectations – a finished product which included additional deliverables.
North Carolina Community College NCCC
SkillBuilders was brought in to salvage and complete the project. SkillBuilders successfully completed the project on time and under budget. The Apprentice Program application was migrated to SkillBuilders’ AWS hosting platform in the Spring of 2016. This included a migration from BI Publisher to FOP and Apex Office Print.
Paralyzed Veterans of America
SkillBuilders developed an Online Registration system for the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) with Oracle APEX. The application allows participants and coaches to enroll in the annual National Wheelchair Games via the web. Mobile tablet support was essential to satisfy the needs of the participants. A back office component of the application allows staff to process the applications.
“I thought the instructor was excellent. Mick Hosegood did a very good job. The course content and materials were also well done!”
“When Waters Corp software customers needed a tool to manage ASM disks, non-ASM disk, RMAN backups, imports/exports, monitor and send alerts, manage database users (e.g. password management), SkillBuilders developed an integrated Oracle APEX solution.”
“In addition to training BI developers Oracle database, SQL and APEX development, SkillBuilders provides on-going application design reviews, planning and development assistance.”