Senior Oracle Instructor, Consultant and Courseware Developer, Recognized Oracle Speaker, Oracle DBA
Dave has been involved in various facets of information technology since March of 1980 when he began his career with the MVS Systems Programming department at Irving Trust Bank in New York City (Irving has since been acquired by Bank of New York). His background includes database administration, application design and development, systems programming and the delivery of training, seminars and webinars to experienced I.T. professionals.
Recently completed consulting assignments include:
- Massachusetts Property Insurance – Oracle Database Performance Tuning. Oracle Application Tuning.
- Retail Decisions – Oracle Database Performance Tuning. Oracle Application Tuning.
- Seatadvisor – Oracle performance tuning, SQL and application tuning, RMAN backups.
- National Nurses – migration of a health care database from Oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0. Tasks included installing Oracle9i, applying patches, migrating test data, enabling system for testing, migrating production data and providing complete documentation.
- Computrition – Oracle application tuning.
SkillBuilders (1985 – present) – President and Senior Instructor
Dave writes the courseware and teaches most introductory and advanced Oracle Database subjects. Since 1992 Dave has been the lead Oracle administrator as well as the developer for the SkillBuilders web site back-end. Currently supporting Oracle 11g Release 11.2 on Oracle Linux 5.1.
Allendale Insurance (FM Global) (1996) – Oracle Consultant
Administered a DB2 to Oracle conversion for IBM mainframe COBOL application to DEC COBOL.
Estee Lauder & Chemical Bank (1986 – 1995) – Consultant
Various consulting assignments including CICS/COBOL programming at Estee Lauder, DB2 Administration at Chemical Bank.
Martin Marietta Data Systems (1985) – MVS Systems Programmer
Responsible for IBM MVS system administration including installations, upgrades, patches and product installation and maintenance.
Computer Associates International (1983 -1984) – Assembler and IBM Mainframe machine code programmer
Provided customers with Level 3 (i.e. last line of defense) support for CA-SORT.
Irving Trust Bank (1980 – 1982) – IBM MVS Programmer
Responsible for IBM MVS and TSO system maintenance.