Oracle APEX Architecture Free Tutorial
Duration: 60 minutes
This free tutorial explains APEX architecture, i.e. how the HTTP request/response cycle works, how an APEX application works (prerequesite knowledge), then introduces the options for an HTTP listening service: the embedded PL/SQL gateway, the Apache mod_plsql module, and the APEX listener deployed to either a Glassfish or a WebLogic container.
We summarize with benefits and recommendations for the various listener options.
Audience: Oracle DBA’s, Internet Architects, System Admins, APEX Developers, anyone interested in learning how APEX works.
Presenter: John Watson, Oracle Certified Master and SkillBuilders’ Director of Oracle Database Services.
Moderator: Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders President and Oracle DBA
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction to John Watson, SkillBuilders Director of Oracle Database Services
- Tutorial Agenda
- Understanding the HTTP Request / Response Cycle
- How an APEX Application Really Works (A Bit of Architecture)
- Listener Options Part 1: Embedded PL/SQL Gateway & Apache
- Listener Options Part 2: The Oracle APEX Listener
- Recommendations and Next Steps