Oracle Database: Managing Multitenant Architecture
Duration: 2 Days
If you are a student of an accredited academic institution call us for a 25% discount.
This hands-on course covers all aspects of the multitenant architecture, providing detailed information on the components of a multitenant container database and its regular pluggable databases. You learn why and how to create and manage a multitenant container database and its regular pluggable databases. You practice creating, cloning, and plugging in pluggable databases, and converting from non-CDB to the multitenant environment.You learn how to create common and local users; manage encryption, security and audit; monitor and tune performance; perform backup and recovery operations with RMAN. Application and proxy pluggable databases are described but not covered in detail.
An additional workshop (optional, depending on time, interest, and pre-requisite knowledge) is included on configuring Data Guard in a Multitenant environment.
The current release of the database is used for exercises and demonstrations, and the content back-ported as necessary for previous releases.
- Investigate the multitenant architecture
- Describe the container types: root, seed, pluggable
- Understand how Oracle Net establishes sessions
- Query the views that describe the environment
- Describe some features relevant to large deployments
- Create a container database
- Create pluggable containers
- Convert a non-CDB to a pluggable container
- Relocate, unplug, and drop containers
- Hot clones of PDBs and non-CDBs
- Upgrade a CDB
- Startup and shutdown a CDB
- Open and close pluggable containers
- Tablespace management
- Create local and common objects
- Understand use of roles and privileges
- Set instance parameters
- Backup the CDB and PDBs
- Complete and incomplete restore and recovery
- Database flashback
- Data Guard in a Multitenant environment
- Resource management
- Memory and IO limits
- Use of the Resource Manager
- The AWR and Statspack
- Data Vault
- Some fine-control capabilities