What is Oracle ACFS? Oracle ACFS is a Great File System
Seven free video lessons from Oracle Certified Master John Watson.
The current release of the Oracle Database Appliance uses ACFS by default for database storage. The ASM Clustered File System (ACFS) is license-free since September 2014.
This gives all sites (even those without a database at all) access to snapshot, encryption, and replication facilities that might otherwise cost a fortune!
ACFS now offers file system facilities including local and wide area replication, transparent encryption, and snapshot copies. It supports all file types, and to users looks like any other POSIX compliant file system. Based on 12c Flex ASM, it can replace all of your third party file system and file server products.
This webinar will demonstrate how simple it can be to configure and use, how to configure advanced functinoality such as encryption and replication, and will also cover Flex ASM as used for database storage.
Start with this Oracle ASFS Primer ! But don’t forget to register for the live webinar.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to Oracle ASM Clustered File System (ACFS)
- Lesson 2 – Functionality and Use Cases
- Lesson 3 – Configuration and Demonstration
- Lesson 4 – Format ACFS and Mount the File System
- Lesson 5 – Replication with ACFS (demonstration)
- Lesson 6 – Enabling Encryption with Oracle ACFS
- Lesson 7 – Creating Snapshots with ACFS
Leave A Review
Please provide as much detail as you can to justify your rating and to help others.