Oracle APEX Architecture Free Tutorial
This free tutorial explains APEX architecture, i.e. how the HTTP request/response cycle works, how an APEX application works (prerequesite knowledge), then introduces the options for an HTTP listening service: the embedded PL/SQL gateway, the Apache mod_plsql module, and the APEX listener deployed to either a Glassfish or a WebLogic container.
We summarize with benefits and recommendations for the various listener options.
Audience: Oracle DBA’s, Internet Architects, System Admins, APEX Developers, anyone interested in learning how APEX works.
Presenter: John Watson, Oracle Certified Master and SkillBuilders’ Director of Oracle Database Services.
Moderator: Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders President and Oracle DBA
his free tutorial is segmented into the following modules:
- Introduction to John Watson, SkillBuilders Director of Oracle Database Services (1:59)
- Tutorial Agenda (2:35)
- Understanding the HTTP Request / Response Cycle (6:56) (click on video below)
- How an APEX Application Really Works (A Bit of Architecture) (12:21)
- Listener Options Part 1: Embedded PL/SQL Gateway & Apache (5:26)
- Listener Options Part 2: The Oracle APEX Listener (9:18)
- Recommendations and Next Steps (1:27)
Date: Jul 25, 2013
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.