Oracle Automatic Storage Management may be the best thing to happen to Oracle this century, but the take up has been slow. How do you motivate the move to ASM? What are the benefits of ASM? How do you work with your system administrators? What is the interaction between ASM and the storage infrastructure? What is the interaction between ASM and the storage infrastructure? And, why is ASM the best performing storage management system for your Oracle Database!
These are the questions we will address, the answers should help you to launch an ASM implementation project.
Audience: Operating System Administrators, Storage Administrators, Oracle Administrators and Management responsible for Storage and / or Oracle Databases.
Presenter: John Watson, Oracle Certified Master
This free training is segmented into nine segments. Please excuse the background noise in the first few sessions (we’re Oracle Database experts, but obviously not recording experts!)
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction to Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and the Oracle Storage Model
- The ASM Structures (Architecture Part 2)
- The ASM Bootstrap (Architecture Part 3)
- What Disks Can ASM Use?
- The ASMlib and udev Device Mapping
- ASM and Your System Administrator and Their RAID Systems
- Summary and Question and Answer Session