- This event has passed.
Above and Beyond with SkillBuilders’ Oracle Database Manager (SBODM)
October 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC
Another Free Webinar from SkillBuilders
Attend this free webinar and learn about the many powerful features in SkillBuilders’ Oracle Database Manager – and how easy they are to use. If you are already an SBODM user, this is a great opportunity to get your questions answered.
SBODM can be downloaded HERE. (free)
SBODM is a free, open-source, lightweight and easy-to-use database management tool for Oracle Database. It is free, written in Oracle APEX and manages a single database – the database on which it is installed. It’s very useful as a complement to SQL Developer (in the webinar we will compare features), or, for Standard Edition Oracle customers, as the primary replacement for Oracle Enterprise Manager. It’s also an essential tool for Oracle Database Embedded license customers where no management tool is provided.
Of course, SBODM can do the routine stuff like backups, manage RMAN configurations, view storage and manage users, but there’s so much more. For example, here’s just some of the things that SBODM can do that most other free tools cannot:
- Display current, waiting or blocked sessions and allow you to terminate sessions
- See the current SQL with the Explain Plan
- See recent alert log entries on the dashboard, optionally filtered
- Receive job notifications, export, import, rman, any job (complete/success/error)
- Display the complete Alert Log
- Set system thresholds with Alerts and Notifications (Even on Standard Edition!)
- Schedule APEX schema and workspace exports (APEX Backups)
- Manage ASM storage
- Context-sensitive Help System with User Customizable Error Messages
- BE MODIFIED to INCLUDE ANY FEATURE or FUNCTION THAT YOU WANT
Many of these features will be demonstrated in this webinar.
- Brief Introduction – What is SBODM
- Product Demonstrations
Garry Lawton, SkillBuilders Super+ Technologist and Debugger, SBODM Creator
Dave Anderson SkillBuilders Founder, President and Oracle Techy
John Watson, SkillBuilders Super+ Oracle DBA, Oracle Certified Master
The webinar is designed for DBA’s and Oracle Database Power Users or Developers who are responsible for managing an Oracle Database. IT Database Management can also benefit.
All webinars are recorded and posted as tutorials. See all tutorials HERE
By registering for the webinar, you will be placed on SkillBuilders mailing list. You will have the option to opt-out of the mailing list at any time.
October 21st at 1:00 pm ET
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).