- This event has passed.
How and Why to Upgrade to Oracle Database 19c – A Free Webinar
February 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC
How and Why to Upgrade to Oracle Database 19c
Upgrading to Oracle Database Release 19c is now essential. Why? Support is expiring soon for all previous releases of the database. Consider this about prior releases:
- 18.104.22.168 – Support costs extra money and all support ends in the middle of 2022.
- 22.214.171.124 – All support ends in 2020. That’s it, it’s all over later this year!
- 18c – All support ends in 2021. That’s it, no more support next year!
Consider the ramifications of not upgrading:
- Support is already expensive (22%)! Nobody wants to pay EXTRA money for Extended Support!
- Imagine the cost of downtime because you can’t get a fix (patch) from support!
- Consider the uncertainty and potential disaster of being forced to upgrade your OS to an unsupported release (support includes certification against new releases of OS’)
But, Oracle Database 19c extended support extends into year 2026!
Click to learn how SkillBuilders’ consultants can help you with Oracle Database Upgrades!
So, the reasons to upgrade are not just technical, they are financial and compatibility driven too. If your databases are to run reliably and securely for the next few years it is time to upgrade. Now.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why to Upgrade:
- What the different levels of Oracle support (e.g. premier, extended, sustaining) provide
- Current support levels for recent Oracle Database releases
- The available upgrade paths
- How to Upgrade:
- Steps involved in doing an upgrade
- A bit about the “big” new features in 19c
- Obsolete and deprecated features
- Considerations for converting to Multitenant while upgrading
- Other miscellaneous but valuable pearls of wisdom about 19c
Download PDF of SkillBuilders 19c Upgrade Webinar
Intended Audience is database administrators (DBA’s), Tech Management and anyone involved in the database upgrade decision making or the actual upgrade.
John Watson, Oracle Certified Master DBA
Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders Founder and DBA
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).