- This event has passed.
Total Recall: How and Why to Use Oracle Flashback Technologies
October 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Total Recall: How and why to use the Flashback technologies
Beginning in release 9, Oracle has been introducing various capabilities going by the umbrella term “flashback”. By now, it is a pretty big umbrella. The flashback facilities are implemented in different ways. Some require configuration, others are always available. Possible usage cases include:
- Database point-in-time recovery
- Repeatable read isolation level, for some time in the past
- Recovering dropped objects
- Regulatory compliance, eg, for retaining history of changes
- Catching lying users
- Identifying security breaches
- Past with present data comparisons
- Reversing bad transactions
- Repairing user errors
- Backing out upgrades, tests, or batch jobs
This webinar will describe the flashback technologies with demonstrations of configuration and use. And of course reverse engineer them so that we really do understand what they can and can’t do.
Basic Oracle DBA Skills.
John Watson, Oracle Certified Master DBA, SkillBuilders Director of All Things Oracle Database
Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders’ Founder, Oracle Database Technologist
Barring any technical glitches, all webinars are recorded and posted as tutorials. See all tutorials HERE
By registering for the webinar, you will be placed on SkillBuilders mailing list. You will have the option to opt-out of the mailing list at any time.
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).