- Universal Theme: Understanding Core Technology and Lesser-Known Features
- This event has passed.
Universal Theme: Understanding Core Technology and Lesser-Known Features
October 8, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UTC
UT: Universal Theme
- What UT does really well
- Responsive, Gorgeous, and Flexible
- How do developers extend this functionality in a stable way?
- Links to the helpful docs and shortcuts
- Core technologies and features
- Media queries and custom col classes
- BEM: Block Element modifier and who to write reliable CSS
- them42 JS module specific for theme42
UT: Understanding Technology
- Media Queries and breakpoints
- How APEX does this automatically
- How to use col-X classes to override declarative positioning
UT: Understanding Technology Cont.
- BEM – Block Element Modifier
- How do we write CSS today?
- How do we write maintainable, flexible, and reusable css?
- CSS application order
- What is specificity?
- Why is it CRITICALLY IMPORTANT to strive for a flat level of specificity?
UT: Uncharted Territory
- demonstrating the theme42 module
- component selectors: them42.PAGE_BODY, them42.BODY_ACTIONS…
- avoid hard coding classes and redefining your own constants that already exist
- triggering component actions: theme42.toggleWidgets
- using actions column as fluid extension of report/form
- initializing message features: theme42.configureSuccessMessages
- easy entry point for configuring message behavior. More advanced options exist in apex.message
This webinar is intended for developers who have already built applications with APEX
- October 8, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).