- This event has passed.
Universal Theme: Understanding Core Technology and Lesser-Known Features
October 8, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UTC
UT: Universal Theme
- What UT does really well
- Responsive, Gorgeous, and Flexible
- How do developers extend this functionality in a stable way?
- Links to the helpful docs and shortcuts
- Core technologies and features
- Media queries and custom col classes
- BEM: Block Element modifier and who to write reliable CSS
- them42 JS module specific for theme42
UT: Understanding Technology
- Media Queries and breakpoints
- How APEX does this automatically
- How to use col-X classes to override declarative positioning
UT: Understanding Technology Cont.
- BEM – Block Element Modifier
- How do we write CSS today?
- How do we write maintainable, flexible, and reusable css?
- CSS application order
- What is specificity?
- Why is it CRITICALLY IMPORTANT to strive for a flat level of specificity?
UT: Uncharted Territory
- demonstrating the theme42 module
- component selectors: them42.PAGE_BODY, them42.BODY_ACTIONS…
- avoid hard coding classes and redefining your own constants that already exist
- triggering component actions: theme42.toggleWidgets
- using actions column as fluid extension of report/form
- initializing message features: theme42.configureSuccessMessages
- easy entry point for configuring message behavior. More advanced options exist in apex.message
This webinar is intended for developers who have already built applications with APEX
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).