- This event has passed.
An Introduction to JSON in Oracle Databases
June 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Learn how to implement JSON within an Oracle Database. Configuration is straight forward, but the ability to manipulate JSON data requires an understanding of various new features in Oracle. We will demonstrate the primary features you will need, together with recommendations when to use each. We will also cover typical challenges that are encountered and how to overcome them.
JSON has become an important feature for APEX developers.
You have JSON data that you need to manipulate. In this webinar we will provide answers to all the following questions:
- What is JSON and what is it used for?
- How can I store JSON data in the database?
- How can I update JSON data in the database?
- How can I access JSON data that is stored in the database?
- How do I retrieve the entire JSON data structure?
- How do I retrieve just the parts of the JSON data that I need?
- How can I convert JSON data into relational data to store in the database?
- How can I convert relational data in the database to JSON if needed?
This is an introduction to JSON, so you do not need any JSON background. But you do need a working knowledge of relational database concepts and Oracle’s implementation of SQL.
- Geoff Wiland, Senior Instructor, Consultant and Technical Editor Oracle Database SQL and PL/SQL, CompTIA CTT+ Certified Trainer
- Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders’ Founder, Oracle DBA
- Garry Lawton, Oracle APEX Expert, SkillBuilders Senior Developer
Barring any technical glitches, all webinars are recorded and posted as tutorials. See all tutorials HERE.
This topic was previously delivered by SkillBuilders in July 2021.
By registering for the webinar, you will be placed on SkillBuilders mailing list. You will have the option to opt-out of the mailing list at any time. An extra-special event!
All dates are in Eastern Time (ET).